Bir in Himachal is not so a Hidden gem now. It has gained popularity in the last few years. Bir is present at a distance of 65kms from Dharamshala and about 30 km from Palampur.
It is an extremely beautiful place covered with Greenery and Mountains for a perfect destination. Bir in Himachal is a small village and is also known as the Paragliding capital of India.
I still remember when I went to Bir, It was my first adventure trip, and indulged in trekking and paragliding. At that time, I had no idea about treks and the place I was visiting.
A few years later Bir in Himachal has become a major spot among the adventure enthusiasts and younger age groups. From my views, the name of Bir has been raised by the “Asia’s Highest Paragliding place” and it generated curiosity among the travelers that where is this place, I want to visit this and so on.
The sweet memories are still present in my mind because it was the first step towards an adventurous journey and the first step is always remarkable. Whatever you do in life this step you cannot forget.
Table of Contents
Just 72km away from a favorite and famous tourist spot, that is Macleodganj. Bir Billing has become home to many travelers who love mountains and the serenity it surrounds.
How to Reach Bir from Delhi
Bir is easily accessible by public transport and private vehicle from Delhi.
Everyday night buses ply between Delhi to Bir or if you are amongst the unlucky ones then take a bus till Macleodganj and then Local HRTC Bus to Bir. It would take around 12-13 hrs to reach Bir from Delhi.
Traveling from Delhi to Bir is always an open option, you can easily reach till evening if you start early from Delhi by your personal vehicle.
Note – By Plane is no fun but still, if you want to reach quickly then the nearest airport is in Dharamshala and after that local transport from Dharamshala/Mcleodganj to Bir.
Why you should be visiting Bir in Himachal at least once
- Adventure lovers will surely do not like to miss trekking in Bir. It takes you from between the villages, Waterfalls, Mountains and that’s really a perfect combination for Trekking.
- Trekking in Bir is an easy grade trek which takes around 5-6 hrs to reach the landing site Billing.
- The trek starts from Bir which is at the height of 5003ft and ends up in Billing which is at the height of 8000ft.
- It’s not a difficult trek rather an easy grade but it has many points where your heart starts beating more because of the edge beauty it provides.
- If you went to Bir and you haven’t done camping at Billing, then all your trekking efforts will have gone waste.
- I mean seeing the Sunrise and Sunset at Billing is just Awesome, with a cup of tea just enjoy the nature paradise.
- All we want in our life is Adventure and What’s better than Paragliding at Asia’s Highest paragliding point and the second-best in the world.
- Paragliding world cup also held at Billing.
- There will be the trained paragliders who are doing this for the past many years, they will guide you and be with you.
- This will be an unforgettable adventure you will ever come across.
4. Nature Lovers
- Let’s admit, Nature lovers always finds a place to admire the iconic beauty.
- When at this place you will feel like pausing the time for a while and admire nature, the snow-capped mountains.
5. See Around
- When we go somewhere, we want to capture all the things. Don’t forget to see Bir Bazaar and Bir Tea factory.
- You can taste some local Tibetans’ food. If you are going from Delhi
New Delhi – Karnal – Kangra – Palampur – Bir ( Approx. -536kms)
Some Popular Destinations near –
- Dharamshala ( 68 km)
- Mandi ( 86 km)
- Kullu ( 137 km)
Bir Billing has grown to become everyone’s favorite spot because of adventure and peaceful surroundings.
If you have liked this article then don’t forget to share and subscribe.
Let me know in the comments what impact Bir in Himachal had made in your mind?