Our life often becomes dull, we get bored very quickly, especially when we follow the same routine for many weeks or months or even years, and make excuses that we don’t know about places to explore. We don’t like considering a change because we get addicted to that routine.
So, this is the time to break that routine and do something unique which we can be proud of that we have done adventurous things and explored many places in our life rather than thinking that our workload will not allow us to do. It’s more about self-satisfaction.
The word Epic Places to explore itself says that you have already decided the place, packed your bag, and are ready to go.
When I get bored, I probably tell myself that this is enough; I need a break. So, it brings excitement and something new in life, which is good. OK then, here I will tell you the Ultimate and Amazing places which will make you drop your boredom at home and make you curious and excited to go.
Table of Contents
6 Epic Places to Explore in India
1. Leh Ladakh
This place will always be on our bucket list. The beauty of this place resides in the name itself. The majority of people dream of traveling to this place. Ladakh is a region in the state of J&K. You will get mesmerized by the beauty of mountains and the culture. You hadn’t seen Ladakh if you had not traveled there on a road trip.
One of the thrilling experiences one could have in life is through the road trip to Ladakh. The journey becomes equally as beautiful as a destination. Manali – Keylong – Sarchu – Leh (Around 475kms) is preferred. The most preferred season would be May – July, and if you want this journey to be more adventurous, you can travel in winter also.
Must to-do list if you are in Ladakh–
- Firstly pinch yourself to make you believe that you are in Ladakh.
- Chadar trek on the frozen Zanskar river, this could only be possible if you are traveling in winter around Jan and Feb are the best months where the temperature ranges from -25 to-30 degrees. All the adventurous people out there don’t miss this.
- Visit Pangong Tso lake and Tso Moriri lake one of the beautiful lakes you could ever see.
- Khardungla pass – the 2nd highest motorable pass (18,379ft) now 1st is Umling la (19,300ft) it is also advisable to take good care of your health because of the low oxygen.
- Nubra valley – The desert among the snowy mountains
- You can also visit many monasteries like the Namgyal monastery, Likir monastery, and many more.
2. Shillong – Meghalaya
For all the nature lovers, this northeast beauty is not hidden from anyone, also known as Scotland of east and located in pine-covered hills best for picturesque sights and traditions. The drizzles can happen at any time, sometimes difficult to predict, and it’s an addition to the joy at this place, as I told challenging to predict because the state receives heavy rainfall.
It is also famous as the music capital of India. Being in Shillong makes you feel rich in culture, and also, people are very warm-hearted. The best season would be from around May – Middle September because the state receives heavy rainfall, and it would become difficult to travel in the rain.
Must to-do list if you are in Shillong –
- Visit the cleanest village in India – Mawlynnong Village.
- Dawki town is a must for beautiful Scenery.
- If you want to do adventure water sports like kayaking, boating then you can go to Umiam lake.
- You can visit Don Bosco Museum it is a theme museum with collective information about the entire northeast.
- You can see national parks and wildlife sanctuaries and must listen to Rock music from some of the famous bands like Prisoners of chaos, Native Rules, etc.
3.Gangtok – Sikkim
It is one of the city’s beautifully organized and maintained; it could easily be one of the cleanest cities you ever came across. Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim. It is also the least populated state; this one would be the perfect destination if you want to go out and wants to enjoy peace. But, unfortunately, it is among one of the cities that sits in the lap of the Himalayas, and you don’t feel like standing up.
Must to-do list if you are in Gangtok-
- Trekking is a must, if you are in the Himalayas say any state trekking is a must to inhale the pure air at the top of the mountain.
- You can also do many Adventure activities like Paragliding, River rafting in Teesta.
- Visit Nathu la pass located at a height of 14,400ft links with Tibet Autonomous Region of China.
- Explore Monasteries – Rumtek Monastery, Enchey Monastery, Dubdi Monastery.
- And Sightseeing, sightseeing, and sightseeing
4.Bir Billing – Himachal Pradesh
If we talk about epic places to explore, then Himachal will always be in, and why not? It has everything. Bir is one of the small places in Himachal which from the past few years started gaining importance and people heading towards this place. Still, many do not know about it. This place is a flyer paradise means that Bir Billing is famous for Paragliding. So go out explore this fantastic place. The best time would be around, especially in summers.
Must to-do list if you are in Bir –
- Trekking from Bir to Billing about 8km which includes breathtaking views.
- You can also do Camping and bonfire at billing, it should be after exhausting trekking.
- Most important is Paragliding, Asia’s highest paragliding place is just waiting for you to go now.
- Visit local bars, shop, eat at cafes.
5. Coorg – Karnataka
OK, as we go towards south India, you will find this city Coorg in Karnataka, also called Kodagu. This place is famous for coffee plantations. It is around 250 km away from Bangalore. The Dense forest, steep hills, and valleys are the perfect gateways to travel and get lost in its beauty. Unfortunately, this place witnessed a war in the 11th century fought between Kadambas and gangs. So in 1956, Coorg became a part of Karnataka.
Must to-do list if you are in Coorg –
- One of the popular attractions is abbey falls however there are many falls.
- It has many historic temples.
- You can also see talacauvery.
- Madikeri Fort and Bhagamandala are also popular attractions.
6. Ooty – Tamil Nadu
A state in Tamil Nadu. It is quite a popular place because the weather remains pleasant, around 15-20 degrees, and drops down in winters. Ooty is covered with dense vegetation, hills, and plateaus and is located in the Nilgiris mountainous ranges. Ooty would be a fantastic escape in non-holiday seasons; otherwise, it becomes crowded on long vacations.
Must to-do list if you are in Ooty –
- Doddabetta park – the highest point in the district, from the top you can view valleys so just pick up the cameras and head towards it.
- Pykara waterfalls near the pykara village.
- Ooty botanical garden maintained by the horticulture department and rose garden is a very large garden you can see verities of roses there but not every time.
- Sims Park is similar to the botanical garden and it also hosts various summer festivals.
- Explore the countryside.
That is the very first article and if somehow you liked it don’t forget to subscribe because I will improve day by day.
You will be adding these places to explore to your bucket list.