Our life often becomes boredom, we get bored very easily specially when we are following the same routine from many weeks or months or even the years. We even don’t like considering a change because we get addicted to that routine. So, this is the time to break that routine and do something amazing which we can be proud off that we have done adventurous things and explored bunch of places in our life rather thinking that our work load will not allow us to do. Its more about self-satisfaction.
The word Epic Places itself says that you have already decided the place and have packed your bag and ready to go.
Even if I get bored I tell to myself that this is enough I need a break. So, its brings excitement and something new in life which is good. OK then, here I will tell you the Ultimate and Amazing places which will make you drop your boredom at home and make you curious and excited to go.
6 Epic Places You Love Exploring In life
1. Leh Ladakh
This place will always be in our bucket list. The beauty of this place resides in its name itself. Its majority of peoples dream to travel to this place. Ladakh is a region in the state of J&K. You will get mesmerized with the beauty of mountains and the culture. You hadn’t seen Ladakh if you have not travelled there on road trip. One of the thrilling experiences one could have in the life is through the road trip to ladakh. The journey becomes equally as beautiful as destination. Manali – Keylong – Sarchu – Leh (Around 475kms) is the most preferred route. Mostly preferred season would be May – July and if you want this journey to be more adventurous you can travel in winter also.
Must to do list if you are in ladakh–
- Firstly pinch yourself to make you believe that you are in ladakh.
- Chadar trek on the frozen Zanskar river, this could only be possible if you are travelling in winter around Jan and feb are the best months where temperature ranges from -25 to-30 degree. All the adventurous people out there don’t miss this.
- Visit Pangong tso lake and tso Moriri lake one of the beautiful lakes you could ever see.
- Khardungla pass – the 2nd highest motorable pass (18,379ft) now 1st is Umling la (19,300ft) it is also advisable to take good care of your health because of the low oxygen.
- Nubra valley – The desert among the snowy mountains
- You can also visit many monasteries like Namgyal monastery, Likir monastery and many more.
2. Shillong – Meghalaya
All the nature lovers this north east beauty is not hidden from any one also known as Scotland of east. Located in pine covered hills best for picturesque sights and traditions. The drizzles can happen at any time sometimes difficult to predict and its add to the joy at this place. As I told difficult to predict because the state receives heavy rainfall. It is also famous as the music capital of India. Being in Shillong makes you feel rich in culture and and also people are very warm hearted. Best season would be from around May – Mid September because the state receives heavy rainfall and it would become difficult to travel in that rainfall.
Must to do list if you are in Shillong –
- Visit the cleanest village in india – Mawlynnong Village.
- Dawki town is a must for a beautiful Scenery.
- If you want to do adventure water sports like kayaking , boating then you can go to Umiam lake.
- You can visit Don Bosco Museum it is a theme museum with collective information about entire north east.
- You can see national park and wildlife sanctuaries and must listen to the Rock music from some of the famous bands like Prisoners of chaos, Native Rules etc.
3.Gangtok – Sikkim
Gangtok is one of the beautifully organized and maintained city, it could easily be one of the cleanest cities you ever came across. Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim. It is also the least populated state, this one would be the perfect destination if you want to go out and wants to enjoy peace. It is among one of the cities that sits in the lap of Himalayas and you don’t feel like standing up.
Must to do list if you are in Gangtok-
- Trekking is a must, if you are in Himalayas say any state trekking is must to inhale the pure air at the top of the mountain.
- You can also do many Adventure activities like Paragliding, River rafting in Teesta.
- Visit Nathu la pass located at a height of 14,400ft links with Tibet Autonomous Region of china.
- Explore Monasteries – Rumtek Monastery, Enchey Monastery , Dubdi Monastery.
- And Sightseeing, sightseeing and sightseeing
4.Bir Billing – Himachal Pradesh
If we are taking about epic places to explore then Himachal will always be in and why not it has everything. Bir is one of the small places in Himachal which from past few years started gaining importance and people heading towards this place. Still many do not know about it. This place is flyers paradise. It would be great to fly atleast once in our life means it is famous for paragliding. Just go out explore this amazing place. Best time would be around specially in summers.
Must to do list if you are in Bir –
- Trekking from Bir to Billing about 8km which includes breathtaking views.
- You can also do Camping and bornfire at billing, it should to be after an exhausting trekking.
- Must important is obvious Paragliding, Asia highest paragliding place is just waiting for you so go now.
- Visit local bazars, shop, eat at cafes.
5. Coorg – Karnataka
Ok, as we going towards south India you will find this city Coorg in Karnataka and it is also called as Kodagu. This place is famous for coffee plantation. It is around 250 km away from Bangalore. The Dense forest, steep hills and valleys are the perfect gateway to travel and lost in its amidst beauty. This place witnessed a war in 11th century fought between Kadambas and gangas. In 1956, coorg became a part of Karnataka.
Must to do list if you are in coorg –
- One of the popular attractions is abbey falls however there are many falls.
- It has many Historic temples.
- You can also see talacauvery.
- Madikeri Fort and Bhagamandala are also popular attractions.
6. Ooty – Tamil Nadu
Ooty is a state in Tamil Nadu. It is quite popular place because the weather remains pleasant throughout the year around 15-20 degrees, drops down in winters. The state is covered with dense vegetation, hills and plateaus and is located in mountainous ranges called the Nilgiris. Ooty would be an amazing escape in non-holiday seasons otherwise it become crowded in long vacations.
Must to do list if you are in ooty –
- Doddabetta park – highest point in the district, from the top you can view valleys so just pick up the cameras and head towards it.
- Pykara waterfalls near the pykara village.
- Ooty botanical garden maintained by the horticulture department and rose garden is very large garden you can see verities of roses there but not every time.
- Sims park is similar to botanical garden and it also hosts various summer festivals.
- Explore the country side.